Last Updated: June 07, 2019
How AmpCoil Collects Information About You
- User-Provided Personal Information: When you register or make a purchase on our website or through the BetterGuide App, you may provide to AmpCoil what is generally called “Personally Identifiable Information,” such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and other information that can be used to identify you. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the website or App, and we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
- "Cookies" Information: When you use our website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. AmpCoil may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the website. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the website, you may not be able to utilize the features of the website to their fullest potential.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use our website or App, or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your device, web browser and/or email client by using different types of technology, including standard logging, "clear gifs", or "web beacons". This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type and operating system, the web pages or services that referred you to the website, the pages you view on the website or the features of the App you use, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the website or App.
How AmpCoil Uses Information About You
- AmpCoil uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the website, App, and associated online services. We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or regarding any of your submissions (such as your registration).
- AmpCoil may use Personally Identifiable Information to personalize your experience of the website and App. For example, when you log in to the website or App, we may welcome you back by name, and present you with a customized user interface.
- AmpCoil may use all of the information that you provide or that we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the website and App work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- AmpCoil may use "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) personalize our website and App, such as by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit or use the website or App; (b) provide customized third party content and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of AmpCoil and third-party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
- AmpCoil may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send promotional email related to products or services that we think may interest you. You may have the ability to opt-out of receiving some of these communications by updating your account settings through the website or App or clicking on links embedded in such messages.
How AmpCoil Shares and Discloses Information About You
We are not in the business of selling your information! We do, however, need to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of circumstances in the ordinary course of operating our business. For example:
- AmpCoil may share information with a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- AmpCoil may provide Personally Identifiable Information to trusted partners who work with or on behalf of AmpCoil pursuant to confidentiality obligations. These companies may use your Personally Identifiable Information to help AmpCoil communicate with you about AmpCoil. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- AmpCoil may work with third party service providers to provide web service hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us, such as payment processing. In the course of performing services for AmpCoil, these providers may have access to or process your Personally Identifiable Information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- AmpCoil may also disclose your information in the good-faith belief that we are required to do so by state or federal law, or in response to a court order, judicial or administrative subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement investigations. AmpCoil also reserves the right to disclose information as is necessary to protect AmpCoil or others from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate uses of the website or App; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to protect the security or integrity of the website or App; or to protect the rights, property, security, and/or safety of AmpCoil, our users, or third-parties.
In the Event of a Merger or Sale
In the event that AmpCoil or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, AmpCoil reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personally-Identifiable Information with AmpCoil, in which case AmpCoil may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality found on the website or App to you. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the website or App. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting account access to you or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
International Visitors and Customers
The website and associated online services are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Confidentiality and Security
AmpCoil employs certain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect personal information. Please note, however, that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our systems or safeguards. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to AmpCoil, and you transfer such information to us at your own risk.